It’s snowing again.
When I moved to DC I thought I would be done with this kind of winter! On the bright side, snow days are perfect for staying in and cooking something yummy. This is a recipe that’s warm, filling, and fairly nutritious on a cold night. Plus, it’s easy to make and easy to clean up. What more can you ask for?
It starts off looking beautiful! But don’t get your hopes up – by the end, everything is tomato-colored. And delicious.
- ground beef
- rotini (1/2 box)
- ½ cup water
- 2 tomatoes
- 2-3 basil leaves (or 1-2 tsp ground basil)
- ½ onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp salt
- hot sauce
- Cut tomatoes into large chunks. Dice the onion. Crush or mince garlic.
- Brown the ground beef and the garlic in the bottom of your pot.
- Once the beef is about halfway between raw and brown, add the oil and onion.
- When it’s browned, add the rotini and water.
- Throw in the tomatoes, the salt, add a dash or two of hot sauce, and let it simmer uncovered.
- Stir occasionally until the pasta is cooked.
Hope you enjoy! What else is a good dinner for a winter night?